What do I wear??
General Rule to follow: Keep it Simple! Solid muted colors are ideal and timeless. Scroll down for additional information.
- Infant’s always looks sweetest in their bare skin.
A diaper cover is all that is needed for infants under the age of 2 months. Parents should wear all black or all white to blend in to background allowing your baby to be the main attraction.
See: New Beginnings
- Simple solid clothing. Traditional clothes stand the test of time rather than trendy outfits. Forget shoes and socks and show those cute toes for a more informal look!
- If your interested in a more formal look. It’s best to dress from head to toe. Make sure shoes, tights are in keeping with the visual interest of the portrait.
- Any of your own props will personalize your portrait. Grandma’s locket, daddy’s old teddy bear, a soft blanket, a family heirloom. I also have many items at my disposal.
See: The 7 Ages of Childhood
- Proper clothing coordination is critical. Choose clothing in the same tonal range so that no single member of the family stands out.
See: Creating A Timeless Portrait - This will give you all the info you need about clothing, color tone & style.
Click on any of the following for more information on the subject:
- Decorating With PortraitureA guide to enhancing your home and office with photographic portraiture.
- Nothing is More Precious than the Story of a ChildA guide to planning your child's portrait history.
- Creating A Timeless PortraitA guide to making portraits that touch the heart and decorate the home.
- Putting Your Best Face ForwardThe high school senior's guide to perfect portraits.
- The Romance Of Wedding PhotographyAllow family, friends and guests to purchase certificates which the bride and groom can use toward their wedding photography.
- The 7 Ages of ChildhoodA guide to preserving your child's portrait history.
- Turn Moments into MemoriesCapture the memories and the magic of family with the enduring beauty of a portrait.
- New BeginningsCreating heart-touching portraits of newborns and their family.
- Preserving Your Precious Memories (Restoration)A guide to copy and restoration services.
- Look Your BestA guide to making your senior session fun and your senior portraits awesome.
- Timeless Expressions of FamilyCapture and preserve the love, affection and expressions that are uniquely your family.
- Every Story Begins With A PromiseCapture the beauty, romance, emotion, and joy of your wedding.